If you’re starting a business these days almost everyone considers the benefits of online marketing. People spend so much of their time online that it’s impossible to not consider building your business a website and creating some social media pages for it. But in this digital age, the importance of print marketing has been somewhat lost. The usefulness of word of mouth advertising and gaining business through promotional materials is hardly a thought anymore when considering how to get your business’s name out there. But if you have a local bricks and mortar business, before you decide to throw all of your money into social media promotions and digital advertising, here’s a couple of ways that print can work for your new business.
- Direct Mailers – Print advertising has gotten far cheaper over the years because of online advertisers taking away a majority of business. But you’d be surprised how many mailers are actually opened and carefully considered; and even if they’re not in need of your services, your name will be the first on their list when it comes time. If you’re not interested in contacting direct mailer companies, print out door hangers and canvas nearby neighborhoods. It goes without saying to stay away from areas marked ‘No Solicitation,’ but include coupons or special offers that will leave your neighbors thinking it through.
- Books, Booklets or even PDF “White Papers” – Getting yourself known as a recognized author of helpful information can give you an edge when people are looking for assistance. If you are known for providing them with useful information they will come to you when they need assistance in your area of expertise.
- T-Shirts – No matter what the business, customizable t-shirts can get your company noticed. If you have a T-shirt giveaway you will create walking billboards advertising your business for months or even years to come. The key of course is to have a cool looking design that people want to wear. And this is where London t-shirt printing companies like IconPrinting can be of great help for promoting your business. Whether you’re selling them with catchy phrases or using them for employees to promote your brand around town, t-shirts are a wonderful way to get your business’s name and purpose out for the world to see. You can also use custom printing companies to print on items like canvas bags or jackets to ensure that your name is everywhere you look.
- Pens, Notepads and Calendars – If you can get these items into the right people’s hands they will keep them around and hopefully use them on a regular or even daily basis and then when they need what your business offers your name will be “top of mind”.
- Banners and Posters – Many people make the mistake of believing “if you build it they will come” or “if you build a better mousetrap the world will beat a path to your door” but these days with so much competition that just isn’t true. You need to let the world know that you exist. You need to draw attention to your location. Even if people are driving by, they may miss your new business. And that’s where big flashy banners and posters come in; they help draw attention to your new business.
- Stickers – Stickers are a wonderful print marketing tool if done correctly they can add even more to the banners and posters. Because they are so easy and cheap to produce, it costs hardly anything to order stickers in bulk, whether you plan to sell them or hand them out freely. Pair your company name and logo with something catchy that will make people want to stick your sticker up anywhere regardless of your company and you’ll be amazed at how many people stop to check it out because they saw it plastered strategically to a wall. If you are a company that works on the go, consider ordering vinyl stickers for your car to make sure that wherever you go the people know your name.
Don’t underestimate the value of good old fashioned print promotional materials in a digital age. While it’s still a good idea to build your business’s online presence, customers will generally search to find you, landing you in a long list of companies similar to yours. But with printed promotional materials, your name is sure to go to the places it will be most beneficial like your neighborhood or local areas. Most of all, keep your materials relevant and interesting and you’ll be happy to see the town plastered with your image.
- What’s in a Business Name?
- Key to Success: Avoid Vampires
- Empower Your Sales Team with Effective Training Videos
- The Advantages of Internet Marketing for Your Small Business
|Advertising For Dummies
|500 Social Media Marketing Tips:
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+,
YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
|Strategic Public Relations:
10 Principles to Harness the Power of PR
|Marketing For Dummies
Image courtesy of phanlop88 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net